Sunday, September 20, 2009

You're here with me

this is such an amazing weekend.
we went to church of singapore, oh well, with an open mind of course.
I missed the worship, but sat for the sermon.
it was a pretty normal sermon, nothing special, but without this sermon, I really wont be a step closer to my Heavenly Father.
the preacher talks about how God has blessed us richly everyday, just that we failed to see that coming, because we focused on ourselves.
God also have His unique way of answering prayers, our prayers. alot of times, we desire God to respond the way we wanted, helped and saved us the way we wanted. but we must bear in mind that God can work in unexpected ways.

the preacher told us this story,
there was a man who was about to drowned, so he prayed, "dear God, please save me!" and he genuinely trusted the Lord. believe that God would saved him. Just then came a boat, and the driver said, "hey, I can save you, just come up." but interestingly, the man said, "no no no, my God will save me!" so the boat went off. then, the water level rose higher, and the man saw a higher ground and so he went up. again, he prayed, "dear God, please save me!" Just then, a helicopter came. the ladder was let down to this man, but again, the man rejected, "no no no, my God will save me!" so the helicopter flew off. the water rose higher, and this time, the man drowned and died.
so he was being brought up to Heaven. Seeing God face to face, he asked God, "God, why didn't you save me? I trusted and I believed!" then God said, "I've sent people to save you, but you rejected them." then the man replied, "but God, I wanted you to open up the Heavens, I wanted You to reach down and save me!"

haha most of us are just like that, we wanted things our way, outcomes to happen the way we wanted, and sometimes, we wanted God to save, heal and speak to us in the way we requested for.

oh well, thats part of the sermon. then the preacher talks about pray and how God has blessed us frequently and how much He has blessed us. so she asked us to write down a prayer list. I wrote down alot, hehe.. but somehow, I just had one thing in mind at that moment, that I just wanted God to be here with me. I guessed God knew what I needed, and that is just Him and Him alone. so this service had a post-sermon worship, which isn't technically like altar call worship yeah..and guessed what! God showed me in the song that "You're here with me." I was like pretty taken aback, speechless somehow, but just merely smiled, knowing that hey, God cares and He has shown me! wow, its really been long since I've had this feeling, this awesome touch from Him. He answered my prayer (#1).

Today we went this graduation thing going on, and I really dread waking up so early. Last year, I managed to pull through because I woke up at this timing every sunday, but not this time, cause I have no cell on sunday mornings haha. anyway, I thought I wanted to give ya a surprise that I would meet her at the bus stop that she usually alights and walked together with her to church! but stupid me, plan a failed surprise. cause I waited for her at the opposite bus stop! arghh, I feel really dumbed, oh well, she doesn't get it, so oh well, nvm... but this kind of surprises should be nice isn't it? so when tiffy called me and told me that ya was here already, I was like oh my gosh, I knew it! so I ran to church, then there was this bicycle behind me, so I stopped running, stepped aside and let him cross first. and gosh you know what he said to me! he said, "keep running, girl, keep running!" and the song that was playing in my mp3 is "I will run to you"! wow, another surprise! what a different feeling to get a surprise from God! ok then the graduation ice breaker thing was really funny! keep laughing and laughing! haha! oh but most importantly, I love this graduation worship and I would remembered it. unknowingly, God shown me He cared, again. the second song we sang was in your hands, so close, where God told me again, that "You're here with me". He answered my prayer (#2).

I just thought that hmmm, a coincidence? I continued on thinking about those words, when the third song came, so obviously, "You're here with me". shocked, speechless, smiled. He answered my prayer (#3). never had I once in my life, when, honestly, I didn't seek so hard, so badly, yet He still comfort me. It shall always be my prayer, until He reveals again. Thank God.

lengshan; speechless before God ><

No comments: