Thursday, May 7, 2009

test to a testimony

let me share this really encouraging testimony of someone i know who really grew so much within a short span of time. She's a friend of mine whom just recently became a christian. In the past i invited her but she told me that she would draw strength from the Lord knowing that He loves her and i was so touched by this reply of hers. It somehow made me guilty that i was taking things into my own hands instead of trusting the Lord to respect her decision which is "not now". Honestly, i really felt quite upset when she rejected me, though after that i feel that she had grew in the Lord if not she will not have replied that. Somehow God assured me that i shouldn't end here. Yet, due to the fact that i was busy and it slipped my mind, i didn't asked her anymore, though at times she would be in my prayer. Not that it didn't bother me, its just that i kinda lose a little faith. Then, soon she came to ask me if she could come, and i was shocked beyond max. At that moment, i just kept thanking God for not giving up on her. I keep praising the Lord at night, but at the same time the Lord reminded me that i was wrong to have not persevere. So she came and she had a wonderful experience with God, we both knew she had. Praise the Lord! =) i did follow-up with her next week, but she told me that she was busy with exams.. I felt really really sad cause i dont wish to lose this great sister who has just came into this most amazing family. After that, we never talked and i too didn't have the courage to ask her again. its been about almost 2 months from now. It seems like we've returned back to our lives. oh well..that was what i thought. I thought she had put studies before the Lord.

But tonight, i thought wrong, and i was glad that i was wrong.. she had this really major situation that she is in and it is a matter of life and death. It was really very terrorising for her. Everything in her life seems to be crumbling down. I guess all my small little worries add up also cannot compare to what she had suffered throughout these two months. If i were in her shoes, i think i wont treat the issue as courageously as she did. She must have been really stressed..then she revealed to me that that time when she came, it was because God had saved her and she had sincerely felt it. Because of this incident, i felt that she indeed became stronger, alot stronger and more dependent on God for she prayed every night even though she didn't attend church. She could felt God's presence every night as well, and that really awes me to see how much God is working in somebody else's life. And its because of this test that really convicted her never to give up on God who has been her helper, comforter, refuge and protector during this tough period. She has showed me that as long as you seek God, He will be there with you, no matter whether you are full or broken. She has also showed me that placing full trust in the Lord especially in crucial periods, is then saying "God, take over my life and be my Lord". This test is truly a testimony. I got inspired by her and definitely this strengthens my faith in God too. God truly works in mysterious yet amazing ways.. praise the almighty God who cannot be seen but He's always always there.

Praise the mysterious yet amazing God!

lengshan; more than just touched

No comments: