Saturday, January 17, 2009

saltshakers-second cell (empower me)

it was really awesome!!! i have learnt so so so much!! hmmm i not only grow in the word of God through elsa, but also through some observations that i have learn some values which i feel need to be instilled in my heart. i went to ya's prize presentation today and it was really short.. thought names would be called but in the end it didn't. well anyway, we went to queenstown library to fetch elsa and coincidently met up with josh. so ah hua yiyi drove we four to my house. next we went to tiong to meet up with ivan, aaron and hilary. we had dinner then they all came back to my house again. on the way, elsa mention that she wanted to have the song "all in all" but i didn't know where were my worship song lists since they are all everywhere in my messy room. but guess what, in the end i found it!! praise the Lord! =) we sang one way, all in all and empower me. while we were singing one way, everyone was quite distracted but as we moved on to the second song we all have calmed down. i could still remember how this song empower me has touched my heart. the first time i sang it was during saltshakers secone cell worship last year and the whole day that song was just stucked in my head. i felt so overwhelmed with this song as it really speaks about how awesome God is. He is SO big, and i am SO small and unworthy of Him since i am a sinner, yet He still knows every of my joys, my needs and my super duper deep fears. He not only knows, He knows them better than anyone. because of this amazing love, then i can live as a CHILD OF GOD, victorious and free..! thank You Lord.. You are simply so amazing and kind to us..

well okay thats the end of worship, then we had lesson which was taught by elsa. she taught us lesson 2 of daniel. from the way she has spoken, i have learnt so much and i could really feel that God was speaking to us through her. even simple things like "this is how God shows His love to daniel in such grave situations". since i didn't have the talent of teaching, and i know that i could not run away from it as i will have to teach my shash girls, this is really a good opportunity to see God's name being exalted. i should really learn.. also, ivan now and then used examples from our daily lives to explain the point and that really makes the whole thing easier to understand and applicable to our lives! continue to serve the Lord in this area cause it is a gift from God! =)

today ya shared with me one thing that kenneth has shared with her: "if you are struggling in your christian walk, it shows that you are growing". that really comforts me alot in a way. and it straight away links to that day on friday. i sat on a bus as usual but this time i sat together with my old friend from nj. God asked me to share the gospel with her but i didn't relent! furthermore, i just keep arguing with God saying i dont want. i dunno what i am afraid of but i just dont have the courage to face rejection. i know that we would still be friends even if she were to reject me, but i scared i might go overboard. at times, i also dunno how to start and was really pondering whether or not should i just bring up the gospel. sometimes in nj i really felt so alone, as there is not even a single christian in my clinque and none of them stands on my side. this stand alone definitely did not spur me on to continue evangelising. so, i will feel super duper guilty when i failed to please God, when i failed to do what He tells me to do. the stress and guilt will simply overtook me. so everytime when i see christians around me bringing friends to church or actively trying to share the gospel, i would wonder why wasn't i like them? why did i hestitate? if you tell yourself that you will evangelise and you must, it is really easier said than done. actions must speak louder than words. this is also something which i have grasp when ya and i had a misunderstand last week. i think the only way out would be to seek God's help as only He has the power to change to me, break through all my defenses and EMPOWER me! =)

Thank You Lord for this amazing empowerment.. =)

No comments: